Thursday, June 08, 2006

Uncle Sam needs you

It seems that spammers are taking advantage of how credible an offer involving US corruption in Iraq is. This from my spam mailbox:

US Soldier
to me


Content-Type: text/plainContent-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
*Encrypted Message from A US Soldier*
*Good day *
*This is a fully Encrypted Message for Security Reasons *
*I am A US Soldier(NAME WITHHELD),I served with the 1st Armored Division in Iraq.My superior and I moved funds belonging to Saddam Hussein, the total is $25,000,000.00(Twenty Five million US dollars)**Click on this link to read about the events that took place here *http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2988455.stm
*Basically since we are working for the government we cannot keep these funds, we have decided to look for someone to help us keep this funds this is why I have contacted you, so you can keep it for us in your safeaccount or an offshore account. *
*We will divide the total funds in three ways, since we are three involved in this. You will take 30%, and 30% will be for me, and my superior will take 30%.
10% will be kept aside for expenses*
*This is confidential and should not be discussed with anyone.*
*There is no risk involved whatsoever because we have covered this up since 2003*
*If you are interested i will send you the full details *
*Please reply me asap*

No comments: