Tuesday, September 26, 2006

For those of you who care, I will be back in Beirut the first week of October to resume regular posts here. Sorry for the blackout. I had to wait for the no liquids/semi-liquids/gel-like substances policy to be dropped, before I could board a plane with my arsenal of gel-cap tranquilizers. I hope some of you will return to read what I write. I'm working on a book and am missing out on all the victory and counter-victory parades.

Here's a photo from Sunday's Lebanese Forces rally that George Bush can add to his repertoire of "Mission Accomplished" moments. Where else in the Middle East (or the rest of the world, in fact) can you find someone waving a US flag? Only in Geagea's embattled enclave of Mount Lebanon:


(remarkze.blogspot.com)

12 comments:

Hassan said...

A US flag in a Lebanese demo is actually more significant- though more rare, I must admit- than an Iranian flag.

And welcome back!

Z_Z Rocket said...

-shakes head-

Thats shamefull

AbouSteif said...

Ahlan wa sahlan - tawwalt el ghaybe ya sheikh....

CAFE YOUNES said...

Finally...
See you soon...

kara said...

i wondered where you got off to! looking forward to october... and i thought the flag waving here in the states was bad...

3li- said...

Glad to see you're OK.

Welcome back.

Anonymous said...

Does hat mean there is going to be another middle east war in October?

Latifa said...

Habibi, nice to know you'll be back soon!

Anonymous said...

A U.S flag ???

Blacksmith Jade said...

I'll take an American flag over an Iranian (or Syrian) one any day...but then again, wouldn't it better if we only had Lebanese flags?

just_me said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
frencheagle said...

i didnt see any lebanese flag actually in the FL manifestation :s

even the ha had lebanese flag!!!

damn both of them